Chennai’s real estate boom is simultaneously witnessing a spurt in the number of malls sprouting in key growth areas.
Earlier Spencer plaza, mount road was the only mall people frequented however times have changed now. With expansive growth in residential properties across Chennai, malls are being constructed at different suburbs. This is wonderful news, as people living in different corners of Chennai need not commute to one single destination for shopping. Malls with Multiplexes, food courts, ATM, leading brand showrooms, beauty salons, super markets, business centers, restaurants etc will soon be accessible to all.
Some of the malls in Chennai include:
· Marina Grand Mall, Egattur, OMR
· Prestige Forum Mall, Arcot Road, Vadapalani
· Spectrum mall, Perambur
· Shriram Properties Mall, GST Road
· Estancia Mall, Vallancheri, GST Road
· DLF Mall, Velachery High Road, Guindy
· DLF mall, C-In C Road, Egmore
· Phoenix, Velachery
· Ozone Group Mall, Koyambedu
· PS Group Grand Chennai Mall, Velachery
· Hiranandahani Mall, Navalur, Egattur, OMR
· Skycity Multiplex, Vanagaram
· TVH Mall, LB Road, Adyar
· Matrix, Vadapalani
· Grand Venus, PeramburA
· Ampa Skywalk, Poonamallee High Road
· Chandra mall, Virugambakkam
· Coromandel Plaza, Siruseri
· Ramee Mall, Anna Salai
· Chennai Central, Nungambakkam
· Express Avenue, Royapettah
· Citi centre, Beach Road
· Abirami mega Mall, Purasawalkam High Road
· Globus, T Nagar
· Ispahani Centre, Nungambakkam
· Spencer Plaza, Mount Road
· MARG JUNCTION, OMR
Every mall in each of these locations attracts visitors from all the neighboring localities. Also, with the mall culture catching up in Chennai people will soon mall hop to experience other malls.
Just as the demand for hi end residential property is increasing consumers today look for a good shopping experience. With a buoyant job market, adequate disposable income, improving lifestyles, and increasing entertainment centers, Chennai offers a plethora of choices when it comes to both housing and shopping.
It is interesting to note that the growth of the new urban cool residential properties is in line with the changing lifestyles of people in Chennai. After all when people live in state of the art apartments/houses can lifestyle options be far behind?